Learn how to make DIY trophy planters in cute pastel colours with fun slogans! Affiliate links in post.
Hello, my friends, and welcome to what might be my favourite affordable DIY gift idea of the year! (Well, so far anyway. I have a really cute pressed-flower decanter & glass gift-set idea that I reckon will be stunning. But you’ll have to wait a few weeks for that one.)
One thing I will say about Canada: the thrift stores are fire. Honestly, they have such a great selection for genuinely thrifty prices.
I’m looking at you here, Melbourne. A crappy table that retails for $30 new from Kmart is $28 in Salvos? Gimme a break.
When I left, my bestie/housemate took on the cute things I’d accumulated; however, the bronze urns weren’t quite her style. So I decided to give them a face-lift and turn them into a fun DIY gift idea!
This was not only ridiculously easy but also entirely free! I took cuttings from our existing plants (the keen-eyed of you may have spotted my favourite pink houseplant, the tradescantia tri-colour, in there) and already had the other supplies on hand.
You Will Need:
- Urn shaped vases
- Spray paint for a flat look or baking soda & acrylic paint for a faux ceramic look
- Alphabet beads
- Hot glue
You can shop all the supplies from Amazon below!
How To Make:
Check out my Tiktok tutorial below or keep reading for the written version!
- Depending on the finish you want (use spray paint for a flat finish, or baking soda mixed with acrylic paint for a faux-ceramic look), paint your vase. You may need a few coats to get everything even.
- Once your vase is fully painted, decide on your trophy slogan and select your alphabet beads. I chose “my fave face” and “best human”.
- Hot glue your beads into place.
- Place a plant into the pot and you’re done!
See – these trophy planters are super easy to make but utterly adorable! I think these make a great little DIY gift idea for your friends. Plus, the slogans can be customized to something funny or even a little cheeky.
Anyways, we shall end at the end! I hope you guys enjoyed this post; make sure to let me know your thoughts down below. Would you recreate these yourselves? What slogans would you use?